Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!


On this 4th of July, I realize that there are many things that I'm thankful for, and that I usually take for granted: The priviledge of living in a country where the water I drink and air I breathe are (mostly) safe. The priviledge of living in a society that was founded on the belief that there IS a God, and that it is good to worship him. And I appreciate the fact that many people are standing up for the rights of the unborn children who are so precious and wanted in God's eyes.
So - no fanfare for us today, no fireworks that we can see. And I'm okay with that. All I long to see is the sparkle in two little black eyes that have seen and felt more uncertainty than I wish on anyone. I pray for God's healing for Nina's sad little heart, and that she feels the fireworks of the Spirit within her.

*****Deutsche Version: www.chinagirlswitzerland.blogspot.com Titel: 4. Juli******

2 comments:

Hanna said...

Es ist wirklich wahr, wir sind absolut privilegiert und meist sind wir uns dies nicht bewusst. Gerade dass wir in einem Land leben, wo das Leben mit Gott akzeptiert ist und wir nicht deswegen leiden müssen ist einfach nur Gnade. Thanks Jesus!
Macheds guet!
Hanna

The Ferrill's said...

Yes, Lord please bring that sparkle to her heart and eyes soon!
Laine