Wednesday, July 25, 2007

First it was all fun and games...

Nina had her first doctor's appointment today. It started out really well, and she was a trooper with all the little tests they do for the well-baby checks.
I had noticed that she has totally clogged ear canals, and of course the doctor noticed it too, so they attempted to clean out her ears. Well, it was not as easy as we had hoped. She SCREAMED bloody murder - it was obviously very painful for her. We have to do ear drops now for a few days which should dissolve whatever is left in one of her ears. Wow, I hope this was a one-time thing! And to make matters worse, she received her vaccinations at the end. More screaming, of course. Poor little girl was just beside herself, and a sucker only helped so much.
We got home so late that I decided not to put her down for a nap, and of course she fell asleep on our Slushy run later on, and she has been a mess ever since. She is super sensitive, clingy, her legs are hurting from her shots, and she is just plain miserable. Before dinner I ended up putting her in the sling, and it was amazing to see how quickly she relaxed and got comfortable!
What was very reassuring to see is that she did not see me as the "enemy" when all these "bad" things happened to her. She definitely looked to me for comfort and let me be the "good guy". That is very encouraging.
Her and I have quite a little bond going, but I will post about that some other time. Right now I have to go finish cleaning up the kitchen that has the permanent "a bomb just hit" look, and I need to finish installing the bicycle seat I got for Miss Nina (just call me Tim the toolman Taylor *ha*)
Good night to all!
Thank you for still checking in on us! I enjoy all your comments and encouraging words so much!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to read all your updates after coming back from our 2 weeks break and see how good Nina fots into her new family! I love the photos!!! :o)))


Love,
Yvonne & kids

Musings from Kim K. said...

Poor little thing, I hope today is a better day for Nina. Ouch!

Congratulations on your decision to stay home with your kiddos.

Blessings,
Kim K.

Anonymous said...

Between Seattle, Washington; Peoira, Illinois; and Bighorn Mountains, Wyoming; I've been 'sneaking' peeks into your very eventful, very awesome family life...and finally need to say, "WELCOME HOME!!!" Everyone looks so good! I am very anxious to meet beautiful Nina! Judy Combs

Sonya said...

Poor baby girl!

Sonya

Hanna said...

Für was so ein Tragtuch doch gut ist - meine Kids haben Freude an der heissen Sonnenbrille. Und ich hätte gerne noch eine Foto von der Küche gesehen.....
liebe Grüsse
Hanna