Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Introducing Bo Bo

On January 24, I was in the McDonald's Drive thru with Elia, when I received "THE CALL" from Pam in the Waiting Child Department at CCAI. I had emotions that are really hard to describe - it went from "Oh my, I'm just about to hear about my daughter", to "what in the world are we doing?". It's kind of like having an ultrasound and you're about to hear the words "It's a girl (or a boy) - and you just sit there and can't believe it's happening. Needless to say, I had to put Pam on hold for a moment to get Elia's food, and then I pulled over into the parking lot - just to keep everyone safe ;-).
Pam asked if we would be interested in reviewing the file of a little girl who is almost three years old. Are you kidding??? BRING IT ON! She gave me some basic information over the phone, and promised to email me everything, including pictures, right away. I had to go to work for a while, so I was unable to look at everything she sent me until later that afternoon. Mike was out of town all week, so I wasn't able to look at the email with him either.
Driving home was strange - what will I feel when I look at her? Will it be love at first sight? Will I just "know", and HOW do we decide? To me, that's the hard part about the Waiting child program - we can say yes or no to a referral. But it's not like I'm deciding between a green car or a red car - this is a CHILD, and very likely OUR child we are looking at!
And so here I was, looking at the pictures of a very serious looking little girl who has just the sweetest face and cute cute chubby cheeks and beautiful kissy lips. Wow! Her head is shaped a lot like Elia's we think, and you can see how soft her hair has got to be!
I printed her pictures, and as soon as the big kids came home from school, I showed Anya the picture of BoBo. I wish I had the camera ready, because her face just lit up, and she was SO HAPPY to look at this precious little girl. What a dream come true for her!
So, what have we decided? We decided to ask the Chinese Government permission to adopt BoBo, and that so called Letter of Intent went to our Agency on January 31st. It may take 1 - 2 months until we know more about their decision, and all we can do now is pray that her heavenly Father will continue to watch over her, just as he has the last three years.


By the way, January is a special month for me when it comes to Baby news.... it was almost exactly 10 years ago when I found out that I was pregnant with our "miracle baby", now 9 year old Nico! Six years ago in January Alex was born, and so the legacy goes on....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb, i was browsing when i bumped into your site. The words in your site that match my search was adopting china girl and switzerland. maybe you can help me. I'mnow living in geneva with my swiss husband. i'm myself a chinese. Is it more difficult to adopt from switzerland than the U.S? my email is cathcx77@yahoo.com