Monday, October 15, 2007

Welcome home party

Nina was honored with two "Welcome Home!" parties in the last few weeks. After the second one we decided that this was more fun than a baby shower, because Nina could participate and open her own presents *LOL*.
In an attempt to catch up on some blogging now that soccer season is over FOR GOOD (at least until spring!), I would like to share some of those pictures, videos and stories.
The most recent party was a little over a week ago, and it was hosted by my sisters-in-law and my mother-in-law. Kami found all kinds of ladybug decorations that were to-die-for cute and soooo fitting for miss ladybug girl. Nina LOVES ladybugs! She was happy as a clam during the party, and we had a fun time with relatives and friends.
Isn't this ladybug penny bank adorable??
Nina was so impressed with her cake decorations!
One short little conversation we had was so wonderfully honest and real, and it touched me. Very, very much.
One of Mike's aunts shared how her husband had asked her "What if I won't love Nina as much as I love their other children?", and how his worries all disappeared into thin air when he met her for the first time.... (do I need to say that Nina ADORES both of them?). She had tears in her eyes as she shared this with us. Wow! I really appreciate her sharing this, as I feel that it is important to bring those thoughts and fears to light. I'm thankful that Nina is touching so many people already, which confirms to me that God will use her unique story to bring glory to HIM!
*****
I have also been able to raise about $450 for Love without Boundaries through Nina's showers, which fills my heart with thankfulness. We really didn't need anything for Nina, and so we encouraged guests to donate to LWB's foster program in Loudi (Nina's birthcity). Can't wait to see it put to good use! Wohooo!
*****
Thank you, Brandee, for hosting Nina's shower! Brandee with Lena(right) and Caleb (aka "Chubby Bubby")
Nina hanging out with Great-Grandma
She has lots of siblings eager to show her how to open cards and presents :-)))
Do you notice anything odd in Elia's hair??? LOL - yep he's my do-it-yourself hair stylist!!
After Nina opened the Playdoh set from Aunt Tanya, the kids were busy playing with it. So fun!
"Here is my very own Ladybug creation!!"

Hmm, what could be in this cute little box from Aunt Jo?
THIS little necklace with the cross! It is so pretty and dainty. Nina loves it, and so do I!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, I love the cake...looks so yummy! Nina likes ladybugs? Thats quite unusual but cool though! Tamiya loves turtles and hippos, dont know where she got that from! ;o)

Great photos as always and I love Nina's hair!


Love,
Yvonne

Buffi Young said...

What a great party!! Nina is just SO adorable. I love her little pigtails!! I also love the cross neclace. How precious!! Hope you guys have a great week! Thanks for sharing!!
Buffi

Musings from Kim K. said...

I love the cake and have already saved a copy of the ladybug cake picture in hopes we can do something similiar for our Josie. As always, the pictures make my heart so happy. Nina has such a special family.

Blessings,
Kim K.

Linda said...

I have been going a bit crazy the last few days without my "Nina fix." What great pictures and what a fun party! I love Elia's hair. This reminds me of Nathan when he was five. Danny's graduation party pictures all show the do-it-yourself-cut-off-the-bangs hairdo. Now that HE is the high school senior, we'll have to drag those pictures out!