Saturday, October 6, 2007

Evangelist or Politician?

Do you ever ponder what your children will be when they grow up? It's not just us parents though, the kids have their very own ideas too.
I our family, the current "wish list" of our kids goes like this:
NICO wants to be a pilot or design and build airplanes.
ANYA wants to be a baby doctor or a cowgirl.
ALEX wants to be a "worker guy" who runs backhoes and bobcats.
ELIA wants to be a Scooby Doo.
NINA... well, she has not really voiced any specific preference, but after what happened yesterday we think she is cut out to be some sort of public speaker.
We were walking around Devil's Tower (more about that in my next post) when all of a sudden she climbed on a rock, put her hands on her hips and started preaching. She went on and on and on, and ended with a "Thank you". Surprisingly she didn't bow ;-)) . It was so funny. Lucky for us, she did it again, but this time I had the camera ready. I admit, and you can hear for yourself, that I prompted her to say thank you that second time. I only did it because it was so funny when she did it on her own the first time. I did not understand one word she said (which would make me lean more towards the politician theory), and it was neither chinese nor english, I think (hmm, a missionary?).
This girl has a confidence and a zest for life that is contagious! And yes, the ponies in her hair are pretty much a permanent fixture now....

5 comments:

Buffi Young said...

That is SO adorable!!! She sounds a lot like Sadie too! It's neat to hear. I need to try and get Sadie on video for you guys to hear. Nina did seem very confident!! She looks beautiful in the brown!!! Thanks so much for sharing!! I really enjoy seeing the videos. Before reading your blog...we posted a pretty funny video of a family reunion we went to today. It totally communicates most effectively our day. It's funny...I wish we had more video of the kids though! I'll try to get some good video soon. Thanks for sharing all of these of Nina. I love them!!

Anonymous said...

That is soooooooooooooooo cute!!!
I am sure Tamiya could do the same, she is a very good "Speaker" at her age and loves the attention from everyone around! ;o)
Thanks for sharing, loving it!


Love,
Yvonne

The Ferrill's said...

How adorable. I love the hands on the hips and her eyes are SO expressive! Very good public speaking Nina! Little cutie!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike and Barb (and Nina too!) -
I was thinking about you all the other night and finally got a chance to come check out the blog for updates. My how Nina has blossomed! What a doll! It is amazing what the security of a loving home and the overflowing love of the Father can do for a child! Simply Amazing! Abigail's personality is coming out more and more each day as well. She sure can be feisty and already knows how to push her big sisters buttons! What an amazing journey this has been for our family! So thankful you all were a part of our journey!

Anonymous said...

On the rise! Judy