Sunday, August 12, 2007

You make everything glorious...

A few days ago we had "one of those" days... kids bouncing off the walls, a tired Mama, and I have buried the other details of it deep in my subconscience. All I remember is that I had to run an errand, and Mike was wondering if I wanted to take any of the kids with me.
I declined.
I just needed a few minutes by myself.
Can anyone relate?
So I got in the van, turned on the christian radio station, and there it was: A beautiful song I had never heard before, and the main line of the song is "You make everything glorious, and I am yours..."
I did not feel the "glorious" right at that moment, but it was so comforting to hear those words from someone who obviously did not know about my day. There are things that never change, and this is one of them: That God makes everything glorious, and that I'm his if I choose so.
Everything.
My children who drove me up the wall that day.
My marriage.
My life.
My inadequacies
I was in awe of the way the Lord reached down and ministered to me when I needed it most.

The song is by the David Crowder band, and I found it on youtube - it's probably not a legal copy of it, so please forgive me...

1 comment:

The Ferrill's said...

Barb! I wish I could meet you and give you a big hug right now! You're living my life, girlfriend! I can totally relate to the need to run an errand SOLO!
We are David Crowder fans around here and I love that song.
Thank you for posting from your heart (and the heart of God!)
Love,
Laine