Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I know it's pathetic, but....

...today has been a big day: I finally finished unpacking our suitcases that we brought home from CHINA! Better late than never, right?
I had many flashbacks and sweet memories - receipts from the Embroidery Factory, 2 pieces of the candy Nina had with her on "Nina Day", the little fold-up spoons from the Ramen noodles, Chopsticks from the Dolton Hotel in Changsha and from China Southern, chinese dresses that will fit Nina in the years to come, items that we sent her in her care packages, and on and on...
It seems like SOOOO long ago.
I'm at a point now where I cannot imagine NOT having her in our family. She is so comfortable most of the time and happy and silly and loving. She is very special!
They all are. All five of them...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I'm at a point now where I cannot imagine NOT having her in our family. She is so comfortable most of the time and happy and silly and loving. She is very special!"


*P*E*R*F*E*C*T* :o)))


Love,
Yvonne

Sonya said...

Congrats on getting unpacked!!! That is huge!!! It took me FOREVER too!

Sonya

The Ferrill's said...

Oh my goodness I feel like my luggage will be taking over my basement forever! I still have one bag left to unpack and then I have to return all the borrowed luggage! My basement room is like China souvenirs/hand-me-down clothes to go through/homeschool books/toys galore!
I know it must be neat to experience China all over again in memory...we looked at some of our many videos from the trip...can't wait until Rob finishes putting together our DVD of the trip!
Love,
Laine

Buffi Young said...

I am so with you Barb. As much adjustment as it was to add one more...trying to imagine life without that other one is unimagineageable (I probably spelled that one wrong...sorry) ANyway....I'm excited you're unpacked!!! I know you're thrilled!!! Better run...I've got Sadie climbing all over me and my husband IM-ing me trying to have a conversation since the kids are occupied. If we tried to get together and talk...we'd be swarmed. Anyway....have a great day!
Love,
Buffi