Thursday, August 23, 2007

We tried...

We have been home for I think almost 7 weeks, and we have NO picture with all of us in it. How sad is that!!
Tonight we tried - after coming home from the ranch, we had to get ready to go to the "Peace officers banquet" that our church hosts every year. All police, highway patrol and sheriff's deputies are invited to a steak dinner as a way to thank them for their service.
Since Mike is on the Sheriff's posse, a volunteer search and rescue unit, we were invited too. Wohoo, no cooking for me tonight - serve me steak, baby!
We cleaned up and dressed up just a bit, but by that time a general crankiness had descended upon us, and the pictures certainly are nothing to brag about. But hey, this is the real us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family. You also live in a breathtaking area. I'm jealous of your wide open spaces.

Blessings,
Kim Kenward

Anonymous said...

...looks like a very loving and caring family...nice one!


Love,
Yvonne


PS: Your area looks really impressing!

The Ferrill's said...

I think the real "us" is beautiful! I'm jealous too of your wide open spaces!
Love,
Laine

P.S. LOVE Nina's announcement! It's the cutes announcement I've ever seen! Please email me how much to pay you for my food....thank you for sending it!

Buffi Young said...

I love the picture. You have a very beautiful...and NORMAL family!! Don't you hate it though...when you have such high expectations for a picture and then everyone gets cranky?!? That happens to us all the time!!! But everyone looks lovely....just the way they are!!! Thanks for sharing!! Is all of Wyoming open spaces like that? If so...I've got to visit!!! Better go. Have a great weekend!
Love,
Buffi