Saturday, August 18, 2007

Sisters


It doesn't get much better than this!
Anya has been sick, and yesterday afternoon I found the girls snuggled up outside, whispering little girl secrets to each other!
Anya has been SO GOOD with her little sister. By her own choosing she has sacrified a lot of her own interests during the last few weeks in order to tend to Nina. Sometimes she gets frustrated with her getting into her stuff and following her around all the time, but for the most part she is enjoying her new sister. She still prays for her every night.
Her prayers have amazed me for a long time.
When she was a bit younger and she prayed for something or someone, she always included the "Thank you" in her prayers. The way she prayed was that she was fully expecting it to happen and that in fact it had already happened.
My first daughter continues to amaze me!
She is such a precious jewel in our family!
Anya, I love you!

4 comments:

Hanna said...

Love you too - Anya! Kisses from your Gotti from Switzerland!
Hanna

Anonymous said...

Thats the cutest picture ever!!!
Loving it!!!

Big hug to Anya and Nina!

Love,
Yvonne

The Ferrill's said...

Sweet sisters! I love the prayers and the faith of our children!
Laine

Buffi Young said...

Our children do amaze us...don't they!? Sophie seems a lot like Anya...very giving and sacrificial...most of the time! Your post was precious. I LOVE that picture!!! It is SO peaceful. Praise the Lord! God uses amazing things to help us all grow into who we need to be!!! Nina is being used by the Lord to make your bio kids more who God wants them to be. How precious!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

By the way...did you ever get the umbrellas? I have no clue when they are suppose to be there. I haven't been tracking it. Let me know when you get them! Have a great Sunday!
Buffi