Sunday, August 12, 2007

Planting the seed

I just have to show you this video clip. The kids LOVE to teach Nina new words, and she tries to repeat pretty much everything they tell her.
I have to add that this was their idea, and we're not brainwashing our new daughter ;-))
We feel privileged to be able to teach her about the essence of our life, and right now these are just words to her. It is our prayer that it will go deeper, and that she will grab on to what Jesus did for her. And to what he has in store for her. I can't wait to see it unfold...

5 comments:

Buffi Young said...

OH MY GOODNESS BARB!!! I LOVE IT!!! Yes you are right...it is planting a seed in her little heart. I sing Jesus Loves Me, and Jesus loves the little Children, all the time to Sadie because I want her to become so familiar with the name of Jesus. It is at that name that every hinderance to His kingdom will fall! How precious this video is, and how wonderful it is to see your children teaching her!!. Thank you for sharing it. Have a great week!
Love,
Buffi

The Ferrill's said...

Okay I've got chill bumps! "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." Oh how precious that your older children are leading little Nina in saying words of truth and promise! This warms my heart!
Love,
Laine

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit behind reading your blog entries and have tears running down my face catching up with all your thoughts, pictures and video. Whew. She's doing so well. Continued blessings to your family.

Kim Kenward

Anonymous said...

I can't stop watching the video of the children teaching Nina new words. It is so precious and the truth! Now that Nina is here with you, she can learn to understand that there is always hope in Jesus.
Kimberly

Linda said...

This is SO sweet!! I watched it three times before moving on. I asked Ruthie and Abby last night if they knew why Jesus left heaven and came to earth. Ruthie said she did not know, but Abby (3-1/2) motioned as if to wave bye-bye, and said, "Jesus said, `See you guys later.'" Probably not very doctrinely sound, but it was very amusing!

Nina is just so huggably cute!