Sunday, August 26, 2007

"Hock-a-noogy"

We had a WILD weekend. Good, but very busy. I'm so glad to be home!
I have lots of great pictures to share, but it will have to wait until tomorrow.
This little story though is TOO FUNNY to wait!
Nina has been clearing her throat a lot lately. It sounds like she has something scratchy that is bothering her. I have asked her a few times if she was going to "hack a loogey" (how in all the world do you spell that?? We love that expression ever since the "Nemo" movie!). This afternoon, as we were out and about she started doing her "noises" again, and then she looked at me and said: "Nina hock a noogy". I just about fell over laughing. Here is my funny little girl with her cute chinese accent learning the most profound english statement. Oh my word.... she cracks me up!
I have this feeling that as soon as she has this language thing mastered, she will be talking non-stop, bossing everyone around. Mercy! Lots of it :-))))
Good night and have a blessed week, friends!

3 comments:

Buffi Young said...

That is HILARIOUS!!! What better way to describe that? She's a quick learner too!!! Can't wait to see your pictures!!!
Love ya,
Buffi

The Ferrill's said...

Oh please get her on video saying this!
By the way, did you notice the Chinese people hacking loogies a LOT in China? Our bus driver did it constantly! I guess when you have a loogie you got to get it out!
Laine

Buffi Young said...

Ok...I just have to post again and tell you Mark and me just got a huge laugh out of reading this again!! I would LOVE to hear her say this on video!!! What a great laugh!! Thanks again for sharing!!!
Love ya,
Buffi