Thursday, August 9, 2007

American Girl

Tonight, Nina received her first letter! And an important piece of mail it was... her CITIZENSHIP CERTIFICATE!! Yeah! That makes two of us with one of those. Although I'm very pleasantly surprised how fast CIS worked! What happened????
Yep, you're right, you are hearing some sarcasm. It took me TWO years to get my US citizenship! But then, to their defense I have to add that I was not eligible to apply for three years, then I procrastinated for 9, and then it took 2 to get it done. So it was not ALL their fault *ha*
Anyways, it's official, and as soon as we get her SSN she will get a passport! Yeah! It always makes me feel better if everybody in the family is ready to travel at any time. You just never know...

                    And here are my two beautiful ladybug girls! They just love their matching nightgowns!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Mike and Barb,
I just saw your post on my blog. I went to your blog and Nina looks so happy it made me cry. She is not the same girl we met in Changsha. We're so glad things are going so well. I bookmarked your blog to keep up with you guys. Take care!
Julie and Chad and Miss Rowan too

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!
She looks so vute and her smile is just so gorgeous!


Love Yvonne

Sonya said...

That is the best smile!!

Congrats,

Sonya

Buffi Young said...

She is SO adorable!!! What great news!!! YEAH!!! I love her smile! She looks so happy. Praise the Lord. We love your updates...keep them coming!! I'd have withdrawls without yours too. Since Mark is home tomorrow...I'm going to try to mail you the umbrellas!!! Sorry for the delay!!
Talk to you soon,
Buffi

Anonymous said...

sie isch eifach zum schiesse, die härzigi nudle!!!

liebi grüess a euch alli,
dina