Sunday, September 30, 2007

Thank you's and the little singer

The comments to my last post really touched me.
Never would I have imagined the connection I feel with my Bloggin' friends out there, and that it would result "just" from journaling my thoughts and share about our lives.
Nina is indeed loved, and it blesses me that she is touching people who have never even had the chance to meet her in person. Let me tell you, she is so much sweeter than anything I could blog about!
I had tried to prepare myself for attachment issues, post-orphanage behaviour, her not liking us and so the list goes on. And I see so very, very little of that. 2 "quirks" that stand out are that she seems to have reactive airway disease (a new term for Asthma) and the fabulous abilty to somehow manage to scoot around siblings while they sleep and fall out of bed even if she was wedged securely between them *sigh* (well, and maybe some control issues and melt-downs when getting in trouble)
Tough, huh!
Some days it feels like that dream HAD to come to an end, and that it was just too good to be true. But then I wake up and look at my sleepy girl with very wild hair in the mornings, I hear her "Lob'you, Mama" at bedtime and her radiance pretty much the rest of the time.
I'm so, so blessed!
Tonight, I have a cute video to share. If you like it, I'll post the second one too :-))
I took this yesterday while we watched Anya's soccer game (yes, it was very windy! Welcome to Wyoming!). Nina is so easily entertained with a book or two or a Magna doodle, and if you throw a snack in there, she is near perfect!
She is playing with a "lift-the-flaps" Classic Pooh book, which she loves!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

...very windyyyyyyyy...

How cute! I love the way Nina says "Tigger"! :o)))

Yes, I'd love to see the 2nd one too!

Love,
Yvonne

Musings from Kim K. said...

Bring ON another video. I'd definitely come back for a repeat preformance!! She's such a cutie and I love all the embellishments in her hair. What a sweetie.

Kim K.

Buffi Young said...

How sweet!!! I wish either of mine would sit and look at a book that long. Any suggestions? I can't get them to sit with me and look at all. They just take over and don't listen. We'd love to see another video. Nina looks so adorable!!!
Buffi

Hanna said...

Der Wind ist ja unglaublich stark, das muss ich unbedingt selber sehen! komme morgen zu euch auf Besuch! See you soon!
By
Hanna

Anonymous said...

ENCORE! Yes!...applause, applause, applause...I would love to see more! A wonderful moment like this is... the most...perfect entertainment! What joy! Judy Combs

Sonya said...

ahhhhhhhhhhh that is toooooooooo sweeeeeet!