Monday, September 17, 2007

My Daddy and me

Today, I would like to share some beautiful pictures.
Mike and Nina have really been bonding over the last couple of weeks. For quite some time I have felt this distance between them, and although I was pretty sure it was just a matter of time until it changed, it hurt a little on the inside. Mike is a wonderful Father, and I longed to see that come to life between Nina and him.
It was also something that I could not "fix", and that was another thing that was a little hard for me ;-)))
Subtly yet very apparent to me their relationship started to change. Nina began to seek him out over me for certain things, like riding home from soccer practice with him instead of me (Ohhh, soccer, but that will be an entirely separate post - coming soon!).
This has been very encouraging to me, and a definite answer to prayer. And a relief.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaawwwwwwwwww, how cute is that!!!


Love,
Yvonne

...will need to look at pics again now, they are soooooo special!

Buffi Young said...

How precious. There is something special about that Daddy/daughter relationship. I am SO glad that she is seeing what a wonderful daddy she has!!! This is HUGE. Sadie is slowly warming up to Mark. I can't wait for this very day though that you're talking about!! I know it is so special!!! Mike is just beaming in the pictures!!! Good reason!! Love you guys!
Buffi

The Ferrill's said...

that's some sweet stuff, Barb! I love the kissy picture!

Musings from Kim K. said...

What precious pictures of such a special little girl and her daddy.

Blessings,
Kim K.

Linda said...

Such cute pictures! I absolutely love how alive Nina's eyes look. When you look at the pictures from her "gotcha days," there is a world of difference. She is in love with her family!

Sonya said...

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET PICS!!!

~Laura~ said...

Thank you so much for stoping by my blog. You must be friends with Mark & Buffi. We go to church together. They've been so wonderful and supportive of our adoption & helped me when I don't have a clue what I'm doing. It's so nice to have "BTDT" (Been There Done That) friends. :)

Nina is a doll baby! :)

Have a GREAT week!