Thursday, September 6, 2007

Elia's first day of preschool


Here is our big boy! He actually went to preschool last year too, so it's not really new for him. But this year I brought my camera. Last year I was almost embarrassed by NOT having a camera with me, since it seemed like everyone was taking pictures, videos, and parents were crying... To me it was more like - Yeah I have 2 hours to myself, see ya later! The fourth time around those things are just not such a big deal anymore.
But I realized that it was a big deal to him (duh!!). So this year I was a very considerate Mama (hee hee) and took pictures of my little Mister Hoover Groover...
(If you don't personally know us, here is how Elia got his nickname: When he was just a little guy, not even eating solids yet, he'd scoot around putting every little fuzz or string or ANYTHING in his mouth. Exasperated, I told Mike he was just like a little vacuum cleaner. Kirby didn't sound right, Electrolux was too long, but Hoover seemed right. By now there are several variations: Hoovie, Hooves, Hoover Groover or simply Hoov). Even some of our neighbors call him that! You should see the looks we get when we call him Hoover in public... priceless!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh i think he looks just like ur husband... in little...
he is a cute little boy. all ur kids are cuties ok boys are handsome....hoover that is funny...annalisa still does it (age 5 now!)
greetings from germany bianca
(when are u coming back to "neunmonate"

Sonya said...

LOL! Great name....Hoover !!!
Hey, I am with you on the preschool drop off...I left there skipping!

Sonya

Linda said...

I think "Hoover" is great. When our Sam was little, we called him Sambo as a nickname. Our neighbor thought we were saying "Sam Boat." Somehow that stuck, and then it got shortened down to "Boat." We called him that for many years, and one day when someone asked me why I called him that, I really had to think hard to even remember the reason.
~Linda

Anonymous said...

COOL picture of Mr. Hover groover! :o)


Love,
Yvonne

The Ferrill's said...

Hoover is a great nickname!