Monday, September 10, 2007

Miss Artsy and her Engineer brother...

While Nico and I do our school work, Elia and Nina ususally play in the same room. I set up a little table for them and have some fun little projects ready for them. Nope, I'm not super-mom and the projects are certainly nothing elaborate, but they enjoy them and they are really good most of the time. They both like to play Duplos, and they both love anything that requires good fine motor skills: stringing beads, coloring, cutting, making the little bead pictures and so on. This morning, while Elia was at preschool, Nina glued foam shapes on construction paper and LOVED it. She made two pictures, and when I hung them up, she was sooo proud and happy! It was very cute. She did a little "Vanna White" presentation of her art work and Nico and I just laughed and laughed. She is hilarious. And so sincere and pure in her excitement.
I love that girl!
So much.
After Elia came home we took some pictures of the accomplished builders and artists. Here are the results.

Here is "Miss Posing". Just to let you know that I didn't prompt her to do ANY of this!
Doing some dancing for the camera. I think she still has some Tai-Chi in her ;-))
Elia with his "red-only" Duplo tower. His elaborate Jungle and house got destroyed in all the tower-building efforts.
Posing together. It's such a blessing how well they get along now! Her smile just warms my heart! Elia is so funny - he is totally into the "fake smiling for the camera" thing.
Of course Nina had to build her very own Duplo tower too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, great photos again I have to say! Nina seems full of positive energy and I love her big smile! Also Elia is such a handsome one!


Love,
Yvonne

Buffi Young said...

I absolutely LOVE her smile! It's contagious! She is quite an artist!! I love her art! I also love red on her. It is so beautiful!!!
Love ya,
Buffi

Musings from Kim K. said...

You have some pretty creative artists on your hands. Nothing beats alittle glue every now and then...hee hee. Nice photos of the kiddos. Everyone looks so happy and content. Have a super week!

Blessings,
Kim K.

The Ferrill's said...

Turn that letter Vanna!