Saturday, August 9, 2008

When distance is no longer...

The internet is an interesting thing.

I have "met" some wonderful people through this blog. People who share similar stories, and most of all, are adoptive parents like ourselves. It's this little "insider" connection, a wonderful support system, and so many of you have really made an impact in my life.
But it's also a "safe" way to connect with people, because you only know certain aspects of someone's life. You don't meet regularly, you don't get on anyone's nerves, and others don't even know your bad habits!
It's easy to be likeable and to like others.
And that's kind of nice, I admit!

This week, however, a wonderful family, and me and my three younger kids chose to step out of that comfortable "virtual friendship" zone and go on a "blind date" in the real world. It was a little nerve wracking and exciting at the same time....

It was wonderful!
You may know Linda from her Blog, and you may even remember our connection from this post.
We just had a very, very nice time together, shared a couple of delicious meals, and the kids hit it off and played nicely at the park and in their "infamous" backyard pool.
Thank you so much, Linda and Bob and girls for opening your house and your hearts to these almost complete strangers!
Until next time!
PS: No, we do NOT live THAT close. Nothing is close in our part of the country (except for Super WalMart *LOL*). Visiting Linda's family was a 2 day adventure, with driving time of close to 5 hours one way :-))

6 comments:

Sherri said...

I am so jealous!!!!!! I want to be invited next time!!! :)

I'm glad you had a nice time. The pictures are wonderful (as usual).

sherri

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures!
Great you had such a lovely time together and all these kids are looking so happy!!!


Yvonne

Hanna said...

Ich glaub, ich mues der aalüte! bi gspannt!
Hanna

Buffi Young said...

How cool!! I SOOOOO want to connect with my blogger friends. I have entertained the idea of organizing something in the future for us all to plan for. I just think it would be awesome to connect!! Anyway...so glad that your families were able to spend the day together!! God is so good and I am SO grateful for the friendships he's placed in my path...whether they are online buddies or inperson buddies!! I am grateful for each one!!! Hope you guys have a fantastic week!
love ya,
Buffi

Musings from Kim K. said...

How fun and I'm so glad it worked out that you could meet that special little girl. Perhaps someday we can finally meet too. I'd really like that.

The Ferrill's said...

I'm jealous too! ;) I love Linda and her beautiful family...I bet yall had so much fun! I didn't realize yall were that close! That is so neat!
Many blessings have come from our adoptions, and one of the greatest is the precious families we have been able to "meet" online and in person...people like you who share our heart and love for the Lord and His children!
Bless you!