Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sadest thing ever....

I'm going to be a little mean, but since Anya is going to camp today, and won't see it for a while, I'll post them....
Almost as soon as we got back from vacation, we had a family come and pick out one of our kittens. Well, they decided on getting the "snuggly one", which means it was Spooky, the girls' favorite.
Imagine the drama, and the pain in those sisters' little hearts. I know the kids had secretly hoped they could keep the kittens after all, but that was just not an option. I admit though, that Spooky was a cute little thing!
The pictures below were just too much ~ I assure you, Anya smiles at them now, too!
She is just a "feely" girl. Her emotions are always so intense, so real, so all-consuming. And while I love that about her, it also makes for incredible drama.
That Nina fell apart, too, surprised me a bit, but I'm thinking seeing her big adored sister be so sad had a lot to do with it!
Sweet daughters ~ I love you!

(By now, all kittens have found new homes)

7 comments:

Sherri said...

These pictures are so cute, Barb! I love how you capture your children's emotions.

Sherri

Musings from Kim K. said...

Oh...those poor girls. Their faces are so sad. How wonderful that you found homes for all your kittens.

Anonymous said...

Aaaawww no....look at them, so sad! :o(
But I have to agree, great you have found homes for all those little kittens!!!

Linda said...

You have been one busy lady with all your posting. Didn't there use to be a slogan - "Miss a day, miss the world?!" Anyway, it applies here!

Poor Anya (and Nina too). Such sweet pictures.

I had to laugh at your Sandra Bullock pictures. Celebrity or not, I'll bet she would love to know she got photographed with a REAR VIEW. As a matter of fact, she doesn't look much different than the rest of us -lol, - and that's pretty reassuring!!

Buffi Young said...

Sophie is the SAME way!!! When we went to Nashville last weekend...we were going to leave "pretzel" (our dog) home by herself. It was just an evening. And Sophie LOST IT!!! She was So upset and could not control her crying. She couldn't stand the thought of leaving her by herself. I LOVE IT that you got your girls expressions on camera. Such tender hearts are precious. Their expressions are PRICELESS!!! So, so cute!!! So glad your kittens all have homes!! Thanks for sharing!!!Have a great week.
Buffi

Anonymous said...

oh dir süesse modis...
ha aber ou chli müesse grinse, es isch zu süess...:) dir sit so cool!!
muntsch, dina

Tami said...

Oh, it must have been so hard for them to say good bye;-(.