Sunday, June 1, 2008

Growing so much!

Before Nina came home last summer, I bought her and Anya a matching dress. 
She wore it once.
On her first day home. 
After that, it disappeared, and I could not find it for the life of me! I was puzzled - and sad, as it represented something special - a new beginning, a day when we were finally all together.
Well, it turned up during the winter - it was at the bottom of a large "to iron" pile, that gets neglected at my house more often than not.
I took some pictures of Nina wearing it, just to see the difference 10 months had made. 
Look for yourself!
July 15, 2007. Our first breakfast at home!
And this is how long this dress used to be!
As I'm labeling this, I'm amazed. This picture was taken on May 15, 2008, exactly 10 months after the first ones!! Look how much shorter her dress is now! And she doesn't have the unsure and scared look on her face anymore, either, but a happy and confident one!
She is so beautiful, and I love how long her hair is getting!
Allright, let me burst your bubble. Here is what she was REALLY thinking about this photo shoot :-))
Yes, that's definitely my girl, too!

6 comments:

Linda said...

Great Nina pictures! I love to see all of her expressions.

Musings from Kim K. said...

Wow. That really is quite a difference in appearance from last year. Gotta love that frustrated expression in your final picture. Emma shows us that look all too often (smile).

Love,
Kim K.

Anonymous said...

wow she sure has grown so much and her facial expression has changed soo much. she does look happy. and i am sure she is.... oh by the way we got exactly the same green shoes... they are sooo comfy aren`t they.
bianca

Buffi Young said...

Isn't it AMAZING how much they've grown? I've seen the same thing with Sadie. Wow...Nina has REALLY gotten taller!!!! She still looks adorable in the dress...Even with the fussy face!! :) Sadie get's frustrated now when we're trying to get pictures of her...she is SO over it now!! I've gotta focus on candid shots when I can get them. No more picture perfect smile for us!! (hee hee) Anyway...Nina does look beautiful!! her hair is REALLY long too!!! It is quite a bit longer than Sadies!!!

Better go. Hope you guys have a fantastic day!!!
Love,
Buffi

Julie said...

Barb,
I can't believe the difference in Nina. She has lost the serious face she had in China and replaced it with a happy little girl face and her hair has grown so beautifully. She is such a beautiful girl inside and out. Don't feel bad about the lack of blogging. I'm guilty too. It's so hard with 4 schedules to juggle.

Tami said...

OMGsh has she grown!!!! Nina's growing more and more beautiful every day;-)!