Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fathers in our lives

Father's Day 2008

I truly cannot begin to describe how blessed our kiddos are to have their Daddy. He is one of the kindest, most encouraging, and good-natured men I have ever met (gosh, I just HAD to marry that guy!). He is involved in their lives, he provides for them, he prays for them, and he teaches them to be godly young people. In return, they lay at his feet. Their love for him comes from deep within, and their bond is strong. They love to have pillow fights and tickle wars, play tag and football and soccer, and they share his love for anything electronic.

He was there.....
....when Anya was crushed that big brother Nico was leaving for his first day of school...
...for Nico and his neverending thirst for knowledge...
....to teach Alex how to play miniature golf, even when it required a lot of patience....
...when Elia could not go fast enough on uncle Larry's four wheeler...
...or when he needed someone to sit with him in ICU after his fall off the top bench of the bleachers which resulted in a skull fracture (one of the scariest moments of my life)....
...or when Nina first discovered what a "Daddy" was....
...or when she just needed a snuggle 10 months later....
But there are other Fathers in our lives as well ~
Grandpa
who always encourages the kids to try hard, and who lets them do things that make them feel so grown up and important, like running power tools and heavy machinery, and who ALWAYS has gum in his pocket!
Grosvati
(my Dad)
who always returns home from here, leaving a legacy of a special project well done, like this awesome organizer for our mud room. He enjoyed helping Nico work on his own wood working project while he worked in the shop.
This is a picture of both of my parents on their 50th wedding anniversary (3 years ago). My niece Dina is wearing my Mom's wedding dress.
And yet another special Father, the kids' very special
Great-Grandpa
who was a man of honor, of bravery, and a Cowboy through and through.
He loved our kids so much, called them his little critters, and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, he would have loved Nina too.
We miss you!

7 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

What a lovely heart-felt post. Your pictures are very touching. What a nice tribute to all the men in your children's lives.

PS. Just when I thought I had a great closet organizer, your picture totally wins hands-down. I'm jealous.

Love ya,
Kim K.

Buffi Young said...

What an amazing post!!! Wow...I really am a slacker!!! This was awesome!! So is that closet organizer!! MAN!!! I wish I had that. That is terrific!!! I LOVE It!!! Thanks for sharing about all the wonderful Father's in your lives. What an amazing heritage!! Have a great week!
Blessings,
Buffi

Anonymous said...

Aawww, how lovely and I really like all those photos!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!


Love,
Yvonne & girls

Simply-Family said...

Hi Barb!

Thank you so much for all your support while I was in China last month and now! I love reading your comments and encouraging words. I don't know how you have time to keep up with it all with all that you do. Your posts are wonderful. I was just catching up. I love this one about your "fathers" and all the wonderful photos. and the pictures of the adorable black kittens and all of you darling kids, the birthday sleep over. You are an inspiration to bloggers all around!

I just had a second. Megan Ling keeps me hopping!!!

Linda

The Ferrill's said...

What a perfect post, Barb. Beautiful! I love how you have pictures for each sweetness you said about your hubby...perfect!
I also love the swimming, gymnastics, and birdhouse posts...8:30? A.M.? Wow...I'm impressed! ;)
Sounds and looks like a fun and happenin' summer in WY! ;)

Linda said...

What a nice tribute, Barb, and I love all the pictures. BTW, I have been wondering if you do scrapbooking as a hobby with all these nice pictures? Anyway, they are such good shots. You're every bit as busy as you were during the school year, aren't you?!

Julie said...

Beautifully said Barb! Love all the photos. It must have taken a while to find all those. What a lovely tribute.