Sunday, June 1, 2008

The baking boy


One of Nico's goals for his "home schooling year" was to learn to cook and to bake. Sadly enough, we didn't have nearly as much time for it as I was hoping for, but he still learned  a few things. The most impressive one is how to braid "Zopf", a traditional Swiss Sunday bread. He does a good job, and he is so proud when we eat "his" bread!
And yes, he DID get a haircut since this picture, and while his hair is still long, it doesn't look quite so unruly anymore :-)

5 comments:

Linda said...

I'm impressed! I want Nico to teach me how to make such beautiful bread!

Musings from Kim K. said...

That bread looks absolutely yummy. Nice job, Nico.

Hanna said...

Wow Nico! Super gmacht , Gratuliere!
liebi GrĂ¼ess

ps I would like to see a picture with your new haircut!

Tami said...

Looks yummy! Reminds me of my Nana's pascha. Great job braiding, Nico;-)

Anonymous said...

ich bin stolz auf dich! wunderbarer, perfekter zopf!
grossmuetti