Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Internet down...

I thought I was doing really good catching up. But sure enough, our internet went down (something with the wireless "stuff"), and I thought it was because of the severe weather we've been having over the weekend, but I guess it wasn't. They'll come tomorrow to replace the magical box.

We've had terrible thunderstorms, tornadoes (very little damage from what I've heard), hail - you name it - but hey, no SNOW anymore, and that I'm happy about! We spent about an hour in the basement yesterday afternoon, and Anya was so cute - she made sure everyone had their shoes, she brought a couple of games downstairs, and entertained the little ones. She is getting so grown up!

After the storm let up, we made some "Dandelion curls" - if you're looking for free and natural entertainment, find some dandelions, break the stems into pieces (2 - 3 inches long), and then fray the stems from both sides. Then put them in a bowl of water, and they will curl up into the funniest looking little creations. We made those all the time when I was little, and obviously today's kids still like them too.

I took some pictures of it too (of course!!)
If you click on the collage, you get a better look at the "curls" - Nina preferred decorating the bowl with flowers, though, and it looked so beautiful!!

Signing off for today (I hacked into my sister-in-laws network :-) )

Oh, and by the way, Elia's word was WHEEL!!! Good job, Brandee!! Good guesses, everyone else, and thanks for playing!

4 comments:

Hanna said...

Bi öis sind d'Chrottepösche scho längschtens verbii! Und mini Chind händ gar nie dradänkt, zum so Chrüseli mache!
Anya, you're a wonderful little lady - I love you!
Gotti Hanna

Buffi Young said...

what a fun thing to do with the flowers. We'll have to try it. We are SO familiar with tornado weather. We have it here ALL THE TIME!!! I think we're in tornado alley. It is no fun!!! Yall stay safe!!! Hope you have a wonderful week!
Love,
Buffi
p.s. hope you get your internet back soon too!

Tami said...

Looks like fun....and what a pretty decoration.

This too shall pass said...

Barb! oh my goodness I had completely forgotten about dandelion curls until you posted these photos! I did that as a child, but haven't told Carson about it. He LOVES dandelions! I've received many lovely bunches this spring. He will be excited to curl the stems! Thanks for sharing.