Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Back up again, and Tornado picture

***Disclaimer*** the picture below was printed in our local newspaper. I was NOT the photographer :-). What we saw was just a little part of a tornado at that time.

We're back in the virtual world!!

I don't function well without internet, I have to admit!

I use it so much, either just for fun, for information, or for business.

I'm much happier now *LOL*

Here is a picture of the recent tornado that hit our town! Pretty impressive, huh! We actually saw it from our house (or at least one of them in the area!)

A funny detail about this picture....Nina was just looking at it, and she exclaimed: "Mama, look, the tomato!"

6 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Glad to read that you are safe and sound and back ONLINE. That tornado is awfully scary looking. We rarely have Tornado weather in MI...thank goodness. I'll take snow any day over that scary looking thing. Yikes.

Virtual hugs,
Kim K.

Hanna said...

Das Gseht ja megacool us. So ufem Föteli isch guet, aber es isch mer doch rächt, wänns nöd bi öis ide Nöchi isch!
liebi Grüess vo Lunki

Linda said...

Oh, Barb! This weather! I had not heard that your town had been hit - was there much damage? Hail? We will probably have to replace our roof, but at present it's not leaking, and I feel so bad when I see what other people in my town are enduring. You got a great picture of the funnel, but I should be yelling at you and saying, `Why weren't you in the basement?!" - lol!

Buffi Young said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I CAN"T BELIEVE you saw that from your house. WOW...did that one do alot of damage? I am SO glad you guys are ok. Guess your kiddos got a quick lesson in weather, huh? I'm just thankful that no one was hurt!! Thanks for sharing the picture.
Buffi

Tami said...

Must be terrifying to see one of these 'live'. definitely NOT something I want to experience. Glad you all are OK, and hope too much damamge didn't occur. 'Mother Nature' is sure powerful.

Anonymous said...

Oh what are the odds!
We learned about tornados today in the geography. It`s very interesting, how that they arise and that they only "live" for about half an hour. But we watched a film over the bad tornado in May 1999, which lived over 1 and half an hour.
I wish you a nice weekend!
Nadi