Saturday, February 16, 2008

"Tour of home"

Wow, I saved this post as a draft about a MONTH ago!!! Well, since I don't have anything new and exciting to report, I might as well go back and finally post this ;-))))
*************
Before Anja left, she took pictures of our house. She was very nice about it, too, as she only took pictures of the rooms that were picked up  *ha*. So, NO basement or office pictures *sigh*
I thought I might as well show you where we live, so please come in...
The living room
The kitchen
The girls' room
Pictures of the boys' room are here
******
The play and school room. We call it the Lego-disaster room, as the floor is usually covered in Legos!
But every so often, the Legos are picked up. And it ususally lasts about an hour...

6 comments:

Linda said...

Thanks for the tour! What a very nice home - I love it that you are not afraid to use color on your walls, and I especially like the skylights in the kitchen. I have always wanted them, and my husband says, No! - He will not cut a hole in a perfectly good roof. (sigh!) I can sympathize with the lego mess. When your kids like legos (as did my boys), they are NEVER picked up completely, and there is nothing worse than stepping barefoot on a left out lego in the middle of the night! - lol! Our current non-picked up item is lite brites. We are constantly picking them up or digging them out of the dogs' mouths.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Linda, the skylights in the kitchen are really cool. Your home looks lovely, very warm and welcoming!
Thanks for sharing.

Yvonne

Anonymous said...

Oh the girls have a very cute room. With this pink flowers and the yellow-green wall =)
It`s very interesting to see your house from the inside. Thanks for sharing.
Have a good sunday =)
Greetings Nadi

Hanna said...

Eigentlich hätte ich schon gerne noch ein Föteli vom Büro - hahaha! oder von der Waschküche....
liebe Grüsse
Hanna

The Ferrill's said...

Barb I had so much fun at your house tonight! My favorite part was the kitchen! The magnets on the fridge remind me of my house!
I LOVE YOUR HOUSE, mostly because it is such a HOME!

Musings from Kim K. said...

I love the virtual tour of the house. It's always fun to see where our blogging friends live. Your house is so bright and cheery. My beige walls look so plain in comparison. Your use of color has to help make your cold winters feel a bit warmer. Have a great week, Barb.

PS. I'm hoping our TA is here this week! I'll be an insane woman otherwise.

Love,
Kim K.