Thursday, February 7, 2008

I have been tagged!

I’ve been tagged by Buffi To list 7 things you may not know about me. The rules are to link the person who sent this to you, and to leave a comment on their blog (which I do anyway!), so their readers can visit yours. Post the rules on your blog. Share 7 strange/weird facts about yourself. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, linking their blog. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
But oh my, 7 weird things about me - how to I narrow them down? *LOL*
Here goes....
  1. I still have the love letters from my first boyfriend in third grade. He should actually receive an award for those! Let me quote: "You are the most beautiful girl in town". "You get more beautiful every day". "You are the best singer in the choir".... and so on. Well, as the story unfolds... he decided he did not like me anymore, so he tried to pawn me off to his best friend. I didn't go for that deal :-))). I actually ran into him a few years ago (he still lives in my hometown) - nice guy, a couple of kids... (and hopefully NOT reading my blog!)
  2. I have been to Israel (with King's kids, a ministry of Youth with a Mission)
  3. I'm afraid of heights, and it's getting worse as I get older.
  4. I had a brain tumor (benign, thank God!) when I was 20.
  5. I speak 5 different languages: English, German and Swiss German, French and Italian. The last two have greatly suffered since moving to the US, but they are still in there somewhere...
  6. I'm very, very athletically challenged, and have terrible hand-eye coordination. Yes, I can ski and get to the bottom of the slope, I can swim without drowning, but that's about it. 
  7. I'm artistic, but in a very abstract way. Don't expect me to draw anything realistic, and I have no eye for interior decorating or yard designing. I just don't see it! But give me an existing flower bed, and I'll create something beautiful, or give me a bunch of craft supplies, and I'll make a collage for you. I love to play with shapes and colors, textures and so on, though! I knitted my first sweater when I was in fourth grade (with help from my Mom).
And  here is a baby picture of me! Cute, huh :-))))

8 comments:

Sherri said...

I want to go to Israel one day.

I am just like you in the artistic way. I can copy anything...but come up with something creative and beautiful all on my own? Forget it.

I loved reading about you! Thanks for sharing!

Sherri

Anonymous said...

I love that you ahve tose letters! It was apart of your life :). And a rather flattering part, I might add, well, while it lasted!

Cutie petutie baby picture too!

Buffi Young said...

What great things to learn about you!! I love it!!! Thanks for answering!! How amazing that you can speak all those languages. I know a little German...but that's it!! Of course, other than English!! :) thanks for doing this!! I appreciate it!!! It's great to get to know you a little better!!!
Buffi

Musings from Kim K. said...

How fun! You have quite a few hidden talents. I soooo wish I could speak another language. My husband is obsessed with gardening/landscaping. You'll have to post some pictures when the weather changes back.

Have a great weekend, Barb!!

Love,
Kim K.

The Ferrill's said...

What a cute baby!
Cracking up at the love letters! And wow, to know so many languages! Incredible!

Hanna said...

Hi my American-Sister Barb
This comment is just for de other blog-readers, NOT for you.
I could give this Blog-Link to that young men here in town.... is that a good idea???
Hi to everybody from switzerland!
hanna

Sonya said...

OH HOW cool!! I feel like I know you so much better now!

Those are just GREAT!!! You are so SMART and fun too!

Sonya

Anonymous said...

Hey Babs
Oh these are very interesting things =)
I know this place of the picture. It`s in the bathroom in Oberlunki, isn`t it? =) I was also there several times and we went under the "changing table" to hide from gradma that she doesn`t take us out of the warm water in the bath tub. =)
Greetings from Niederbottigen
Nadi