Wednesday, February 27, 2008

This is what my house REALLY looks like....

After posting the pictures of our house a few days ago, my sister commented that she wanted to see a picture of our basement *haha*, too. She said: Your pictures look very nice, but I KNOW what your house REALLY looks like. Now she said that in a joking-but-yet-truthful way.
I think it's so easy to just post the nice, sweet and harmonious things on a blog. Yet that's not how our lives usually are, is it? Well, not mine anyway. I mean, we are super blessed, and I truly am happy, but it's still not all roses....
I certainly don't want anyone to think I'm super woman, so I'm going to show you what some of the rooms I showed you last week look like on those not-so-rosy days.
Happy, Hanna???? :-))  

The boys' room, where Legos start to pile up if there is no more room to play next door
The school- and playroom
Our "office" - I know that THIS is a sad sight. We had some water damage a couple of years ago, and had to remove some shelves. Ever since then the Chaos has been unbelievable, but we're currently working on it. (I also think that this is where my passport will show up!!) 
And then the rest of the basement is pretty much Rokenbok City. This play system takes up a lot of room, and it's pretty much a maze...
Hanna also requested a picture of the Laundry room. I have to disappoint her, as my laundry room is NEWLY cleaned and picked up. I have just a little bit left, but it's almost DONE! Yeah!
Yes, we LIVE in our house, that's for sure :-). I recently saw a picture on another blog of a kitchen that was absolutely stunning, but it looked like out of a catalog, and not where a family with children lives. That's not me, so - here you have it. The REAL me :-))))

12 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I love those pictures. This is what my house can look like after a day of polly pocket, littlest petshop and barbie explosions. I'm not sure what's worse, legos or polly pocket pieces. Your pictures make me smile.

Love,
Kim K.

Anonymous said...

Interesting...hehe...
But it only shows like you were saying that a family actually lives in this place, I love the pictures!

Love,
Yvonne

Tami said...

Thanks Barb!!!!! That's how my house looks most of the time too! It always amazes me how fast it can become um, what's the word(s)....'a disaster area', and it takes sooooo loooong to clean it up. Such is life with kids....learning to be OK, living in CHAOS! Such fun;-)

~Tami

Buffi Young said...

That makes me feel better Barb!!! At least I know we're all in the same boat!!! I LOVE it!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
Buffi

Sonya said...

Awwww THANKS for sharing! Now I don't feel like I am the only one!
You gotta pray with us!!! We are listing our house hopefully next weekend and if it takes tons of showing to get it sold, I will not have any hair left on my head!!! We want an little more space and I know the market is so slow so it may not happen! All in God's time!

LOVE THE PICS!

Sonya

Anonymous said...

hello
oh thank god it is not only us who get hit by the tornado named KIDS!!!! lol yes that is how my house looks.. the only difference is we don`t play lego we play playmobil...same difference ;-)
have fun cleaning.. honestly ..i love cleaning up the playmobil :-) brings the kid out in me.. lol. i already got my mom hooked on cleaning up playmobil.. :-)

oh can u tell me what kind of bowl u use to bake the teapot??? i am trying to find something round.. kinda hard.

have a great day..
bianca

Hanna said...

I looooove my dear sister! Thanks for that wonderful pictures - I feel much better now.
And congratulations to your laundry room - WOW! Do you have in Wyoming a spring-cleaning-time....?
Liebi Grüess
Hanna

Anonymous said...

aha!!!!!

:) dina

Sherri said...

Chaos? That's what my house looks like when it's CLEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought you were going to show us messy pictures!

When I spend my morning working on a particular room of the house, another room has been destroyed at the same time. Why bother? :)

Thanks for being able to laugh at yourself....I appreciate your openness.

Sherri

Linda said...

I love it, Barb! You get an A+ for honesty. Now you need to add a couple of dogs to the mix and the dried grass they track in on a daily basis. ARGH!

Anonymous said...

Jetzt hani dänkt ich schriib au mal öpis...
Da chumi doch grad heimwe über;-) Wär gad am liebschte bi eu zum hälfe Legos sortiere=) vermisse eu alli ganz fescht
Bige Anja

Karen said...

Are you sure those pictures weren't taken in my house...LOL...
Looks like a home where a lot of creative fun happens.