Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Nina's finding ad praise report

Wheww, what a relief...
Right after Christmas, I ordered Nina's "finding ad" from Brian Stuy. A "finding ad" is a chinese requirement for abandoned children, to legally declare them abandoned and free to be adopted. In that ad, a picture of the child is shown, along with a brief description of the finding location. After a couple of months with no response, the child's file is then processed to find him or her a forever family.
Now this is heartbraking to write about, period. 
To look at a chubby little baby who is MY DAUGHTER, is even more emotional.
The one positive aspect I can find in it, is that we have a newborn picture of Nina. 
Our only one.
When we were in China, we received a Xerox copy of her finding ad, but the quality that Brian offers, is so much better!
Anyway, on to the dilemma...
I could not find Nina's ad for the life of me!!!!
The one thing that was instrumental in my faith as a child, was that the Lord always helped me find my stuffed hedgehog when I had lost him for the 548th time....
I'm not too much of a messy person, really, but I have the uncanny ability to misplace things in a matter of milliseconds. Keys, books, documents.... you name it. 
Nina's ad joined the ranks, as well as my PASSPORT (which has yet to be found!)
And the Lord came through - again. Praise God for the little provisions, despite all my shortcomings....
And so here it is!
Isn't she a cute little peanut? And look at all that hair! 
The second picture is the actual page that featured her finding ad. My favorite part about Brian's service is that I have the negatives of these two pictures as well!

the above pictures are pictures of the pictures of the newspaper - Brian's quality is better than this

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an emotional post!
I can imagine what this ad means to you, HOW PRECIOUS!
Nina looks sooooo cute, like she always does by the way. :o)

I am so happy for you!


Love,
Yvonne

Sherri said...

Look at all those precious babies who were abandoned at the same time. It is so heartbreaking. I want to go adopt every baby in China.

I am so happy that you were able to find this piece of Nina's history.

Sherri

Buffi Young said...

wow! That is so cool!!! I had thought about doing it for Sadie. We have a copy, like you. I just have to get all of her info together before I place the order! It would be a great thing to have!!! I'm glad you were able to find it!!! Hope you have a great day!
buffi

Musings from Kim K. said...

We got Josie's finding ad from Brian last fall and it was one of the FIRST times I saw my husband cry. It was such an emotional experience. To see her little face...to see all those abandoned babies...it's so heart breaking. Thank you for sharing Nina's ad in your blog.

Sonya said...

We are blessed to have these priceless little pictures! It IS so heartbreaking to see the pages and pages of pictures!

So happy that you got Nina's!!!

Julie said...

Barb,
What an amazing gift. We received the paper with Rowan's ad in it when we were in China and even though it is sad we will cherish that little photo. Tell Beautiful Nina happy Chinese New Year.
Love,
Chad, Julie and Rowan XiaoMiao