Monday, September 1, 2008

Last day of SUMMER

Oh, it took a lot of begging, but if I had only one word to describe Alex, it would be PERSISTENCE! He has been begging and hinting and pleading for weeks to go a certain amusement park in the Black Hills of South Dakota.
He finally got his way, and Grandma and Grandpa took the whole crew there yesterday. It was hot, in the 90's (which is very high for this time of the year in our area), so they especially enjoyed the bumper boats and soaked each other good!
I included quite a few pictures in the collage below, so just click on it to enlarge it!
Today is a different story, as it is quite cold (only in the mid 50's right now), so I'm glad we went yesterday.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow great!!!
I am sure they had such fun with their grandparents! Isn't it nice to have them? We all love our grandparents!!!


Love,
Yvonne

Musings from Kim K. said...

Those pictures are too much fun. What a cool set of grandparents. I can't believe your extreme temperature changes. Best wishes with your school start-up.

Buffi Young said...

OH...that looks like SO MUCH FUN!!!! What a great ending to Summer! OH MY...I can't believe it's only in the 50's there already. wow...your summers are short aren't they? Hope you have a great week!
Blessings,
Buffi

Hanna said...

And the winner of the "award for the best grand-parents" is:
LINDA and MICK! Congratulations!

Best wishes from switzerland -
Hanna

Anonymous said...

Yes, it sounds like this park would NOT be good in the fifties!

Linda said...

Cute pictures. I like the way the kids start out fresh and dry and the last pictures end up totally soaked. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Tami said...

BUMPER BOATS??!! How cool is that?!
What a great activity for a hot day.

The Ferrill's said...

FUN!
Oh and the post below about Elia made my heart drop...I'm so proud of you being so calm! Thank the Lord he was right where he needed to be in the end! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey guys
this must be very funny on this boats!
Another time nice pics!
And remember: only less than two weeks until your arrival! I`m very looking forward to it! =)

Have a nice time and see you soon =)
Nadi

The Gang's Momma! said...

Thanks for dropping by - and for de-lurking! Your blog is fun - looks like your five are happy and energetic. They sure keep us on our toes, don't they?!

Hope you come by again. This is sure to be an adventure of a lifetime.

The Gang's Momma

Anonymous said...

hi there ppl. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been digging as far as something that meticulous brand. The prices seeking the shoes are about 190 bucks on every site. But definitively I found this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy those. what is your opinion?