Sunday, September 28, 2008

Amazing!

Here is the latest video I've been working on.
We had a chance to go watch our favorite Big'e Anja train. She does aerial skiing competitively, and although I only have footage of her doing it "on water", she will actually perform her jumps on snow (once there is some).
Let me tell you - standing at the top of that ramp is quite something (scary, freaky, and more along those lines), and I could never, ever do what she does!!
Look for yourself!
(For my "newer" blog readers - Anja is my cousin's daughter from Switzerland, and one year ago she came to stay with us for three months)

7 comments:

Sherri said...

That is amazing, Barb! I hope she makes it to the Olympics! I really admire these athletes who are so willing to put in all the hours to train over and over and over to reach their dreams.

It's not really glamorous at all, the process of getting there. But so worth it!

sherri

Buffi Young said...

This is SO EXCITING!! how cool would it be to watch her on the Olympics next year!!! A LOT of hard work!!! I SURE couldn't do what she does!!! I know you and your family is SO PROUD!!!

The Ferrill's said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!! She is incredible and I would love to see her in the Olympics! GO BIG ANJA!
Little Anya's writing is precious in the post below...
Okay, all us Ferrill's watched the pig video like 5 times. FUNNY!
Glad yall are home safe! Hope the jet lag is long gone by now!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Incredible video!
Hope she will make it to the olympics! Would be amazing seeing her there!!


Yvonne

Tami said...

Incredible! Such perserverance, dedication and a lot of bravery! This was so cool to see....I often wondered how people are able to learn these thing and not break their necks in the process, along with being able to practice in the off season.

Way to go Anja!

Hugs,
Tami

Musings from Kim K. said...

You must be so proud, Barb. I'm praying for her. What an incredible dream. I would love to watch at the Olympics. I so admire her ambition and dedication to this sport. Thank you for sharing this with us. You're getting great with your movies!!

Hugs!

Kevin, Debbi and Sarah said...

This is Debbi, Sarah's mom from windingvines blog. Just wanted to pop in and let you know how much we appreciate your comments and kinds words that you leave on our blog! Sarah is learning to read and loves to see the comments everyone writes to her -- so thanks! Your blog is awesome and we'll keep checking in! Hugs!