Saturday, September 27, 2008

This really means a lot to her...


This is so fitting....
This morning I did a little bit of cleaning before the kids woke up, and I came across one of Anya's writings. I will tell you again - I just love anything she writes!
Anyway, she wrote about her last trip to Switzerland, and her impressions of this country that is so dear to her. She would love to live on a farm in Switzerland, she says.
Here is how she sees it (I'm typing it just like she did)

Riding planes is so much work! Here is my airplane schedule. First, we drove to **** (removed for privacy reasons). We took a plane to Salt Lake City. From Salt Lake City to Atlanta. Then eight long hours on a plane to Switzerland. (It was worth it!)

When we got to Switzerland our swiss family was waiting for us. Not all of our family was there though, but soon enough we would see them! So let me introduce my swiss family.

My cousins are Moritz age 13, Rico age 10, Kaya age 7, Loyel age 5, my Aunt and Uncle Hanna and Bruno, and My grandma and grandpa.

Sometimes we spend the night at Grandma's or my aunt's. When we spend the night at my grandma's house, our grandpa takes us for a drive. In his car he has swiss mints. When you take one he laughs and says "toech nuemal enie!" (Take another one!) When we spend the night at my aunt's house we play on their playground. When it's time to go inside we crawl into our sleeping bags, say prayers, then go to sleep. In the morning when we wake up we go down the spiral staircase and go sit in the booth. My aunt has a glass stained table, a wooden bench with cushions, and a hammock.

I have a cousin Anja. My name is Anya as well. Exept her name is spelled A-N-J-A. My name is spelled A-N-Y-A. So when my cousin came we called her Biga Anja. So they called my little Anya. Biga-Anja got along well. When she was here we didn't have a baby-sitter!

We didn't drive that much. We usually walked everywhere we went. At my Aunt's house there is a little pathway that leads up to the woods. When we go there we pack a lunch. Once we hike up there we turn and find what we call Big Rock. We play hide-and go - seek!

School there is very diffrent. You have to go to Kindergarten twice. But here is the good part you only have to go in the morning! The starting of first grade is when you go full time. But you get to go home for lunch!

Here is the part you've all been waiting for... the chocolate part! We never go home without it! Speaking of home it's time to go home!

Switzerland is the best you should go there! It's the best!

4 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

What a sweet story. It must warm your heart to be home again.

Sonya said...

OMgoodness! I don't get notices when you update your blog now :( so I was waaaaaay behind on reading!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE all the back to school pics and WOW your trip looked AWESOME!!! I want to go!!!

It was fun catching up!

Sonya

Buffi Young said...

Awe....how cool!! I'd love the chocolate part too!!! :)

Tami said...

Nicely written!!! Loved the chocolate part!!!!