Thursday, October 2, 2008

Meet Velma!

I'm not sure about this, but I'm ASSUMING my kids are not the only ones who do this.... or are they?

Whenever they have a favorite movie (the one they watch over, and over, and over, and over again.....) - they assign "roles".

For example - Kung Fu Panda - Anya is Tigress, Nina is Viper, Alex is Monkey, Elia is Mantis, Nico is Po, Mike is Master Shifu, and I'm the wise turtle :-))
(Oh, do you want to hear a funny airplane story? On our way back from Switzerland they showed Kung Fu Panda on the plane, and Elia watched, and laughed and giggled.... . Once we were home, he talked about watching the movie, and he said with a shrug: "But it was in a different language"..... that goofball watched the movie in a foreign language, and never said a word. He told me "I know what they were saying anyway!" Silly kid!)

Same went for the movies "Cars", "Over the Hedge" , "Open Season", and so on.

Well, the latest craze at our house is about Scooby Doo. The boys have really liked Scooby for a long time, and the girls are totally into it too. Well, Nina more so than Anya.

To be honest with you, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND... Maybe I'm just not "American" enough (Mike said he grew up with Scooby), but I think this show is so out there. I'll spare you my other opinions about Scooby *LOL*

Anyway, all kids have their roles - again: Nico is Shaggy, Anya is Daphne, Alex is Freddy, Elia is Scooby, Nina is Velma, and Daddy is the Mystery machine *Haha*

And Miss Nina CANNOT stand watching Scooby Doo without her Velma glasses!! It's hilarious!

Here she is!

9 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I love those Velma glasses. My nephews (6 & 8) are obsessed with Scooby. Emma never got into it, but we've had our share of movies that get played OVER and OVER and OVER. Josie is not at all interested in anything other than home movies. She's actually pretty crazy about wanting to see any home movies of Emma. She calls it "Emma TV". I may need to write a blog entry on Josie's obsession with Emma TV sometime.

I hope you're adjusting back to your home and US sleep schedule.

Anonymous said...

my kids do the same... they chose a character and they call each other by the name of the character and when i call them by their names they say "no mommy i am XYXY" how am i suppose to keep up with all these names....?? but antonio is scared of scooby doo... but we only have a "scary scooby movie"... he is a chicken lol
have a great day bianca

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so reliefed that many kids seem to do the same!! lol
I am going through the exact same thing...its so funny!
I love the Velma-glasses on Nina, its so funny really!!!


Love,
Yvonne

The Fogle Family said...

My kids do the same. Only right now its with Star Wars. I LOVE the glasses. She is adorable!

The Ferrill's said...

My kids do the SAME THING!!!!!! How funny!
But Barb, who are you? What about Scrappy, Scooby's cousin? ;)

Anonymous said...

Too cute! i have to admit, i was big Scooby fan as a kid! I can't help but adore Nina in those glasses :)!

Anonymous said...

Hey Babs
thank you for this plenty of posts about Switzerland and your going home. It took me quit a long time to read all of them `cause I wasn`t at home for a week...
We got home today at about six o`clock in the morning. Spain was awesome and we had good weather all the week! Thanks to God `cause the week before wasn`t that good...
Love Anya`s writing =)
Greetings to all of you guys and have a wonderful time back home!
Nadi

Tami said...

Love the glasses!!!! Sounds like you have your own theatre troop there! Too funny!

Buffi Young said...

Isn't that funny?!?! Our kids do the SAME THING when they are watching any movie. It cracks me up to see the characters that they choose!!! Kids are so much fun!! LOVE Nina's Velma glasses!!!!!