Friday, January 25, 2008

Look how far they've come!

I remember a little boy whose world was turned upside down by the arrival of his little sister.
Yes, she was kind of fun right at first.
Then it sunk in, that he was not Mama's Baby anymore (or so he thought, anyway).
And he struggled.
He did not want much to do with that new sister, and heaven forbid was he going to kiss her or hug her, or even let HER do it to him.
No way!
Yesterday, I found them all snuggled up together on our new "Christmas chair", reading books.
What a defining moment for me.
I knew things were much better than they used to be, but to see it like that was a huge blessing.
Huge.
I'm hoping and praying that all of our kids know just HOW special they are to me. That there is a place in my heart that only they can fill, each one separately, and that there is really no competition. I love them differently, I love different things about them, I struggle with different things with each of them, and although there is five of them, I still love them individually.
But I also understand how they feel. Some days I wonder too, how the Father in Heaven can love me individually, when he has soooo many others to take care of. But miraculously, he does.
And he showed it to me again when I looked at my two Youngest.....

(I would make Elia apologize for the nose picking, if he could write :-)) )

5 comments:

Buffi Young said...

Isn't it great when our kids show love toward one another and get along?!? That is awesome. By the way...how old is Nina? She looks so much bigger than Sadie...at least in the pictures and videos. I know she was three when you got her...has she already turned 4?

What a wonderful parallel of your love toward your children...and God's love toward us!!!
Have a great weekend!
Buffi

The Ferrill's said...

SWEET! Great zebra sound too!
What you said about loving your children so individually put into words exactly how I feel! Thanks, Barb!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Awww shucks, that's just the cutest video and your post is everything that I'm already starting to worry over. For 9 years, Emma has been IT. The only grand daughter and the ONLY child in our house. I worry about the transition and possible hurt feelings. Your post is perfect.

Love,
Kim K.

PS. The polar bear snow themed cake is Sunday. Stay tune for pictures!

tanja said...

I love those moments :) wish they would happen more often.

Very cute video and they are so adorable.

Tanja

Anonymous said...

Sooooo sweet!
What a cute Zebra sound...hehe...
I love the video!


Yvonne