Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Artsy kids

The kids were busy this morning. Nina loves to color, and so does Elia. Nico just likes everything that gets him away from doing schoolwork :-))
Nina wanted me to help her color all the red, but I really did not want to mess with HER picture. So she sighed, and grunted, and whined, but she got it done all by herself! I think it's beautiful!


Nico really, really wants a Lego airplane and a Lego airport, so coloring a plane was second best. As I am typing this, he watches animated little Legomovies on Lego.com. Her seriously has them memorized, he even has the accent down. Too funny!


Elia has been learning about sharks in "preschool" (= one day of somewhat organized activities at home *ha*), and he worked so hard at coloring this tiger shark. It may look a little messy at first sight, but you should have seen him compare a photo of a tiger shark with his work. He even added some water to give it an "watercolor" look. He is so proud of it!

11 comments:

Sonya said...

GREAT WORK GUYS!!!

Buffi Young said...

OH MY!! You guys are SO artistic!!! I'm impressed!! Sadie only wants to scribble on the page. She uses ONE color for the whole page, and just scribbles. How do you get Nina to do so well, or did she just already color well? Great job guys!!!
Buffi

Sherri said...

Wow!! I looked closely at that airplane and HE DREW IT HIMSELF! He's very artistic!

Your kids are sooooo cute! My "little" boys are now 17 and 18. I miss having little guys around...

I enjoy reading about your family!

Sherri

Sherri said...

I just noticed your other daughter's name is Anya. We were so close to naming Mia Anya! I have only known 1 other Anya. I love that name.

Maybe we'll have to adopt one more time......

Sherri

Anonymous said...

Oh these are great pictures! =)
Greetings from Niederbottigen
Nadi

Babs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike and Barb said...

@Sherri,
Actually, the airplane picture was a print-out, too, but he re-traced it on the backside :-)))
Barb

Musings from Kim K. said...

What fun! I can't think of a better activity right now than coloring with crayons. Nice work everybody. I'm impressed with all the colors that Nina used.

Love,
Kim K.

Anonymous said...

i want one...
:)
love, dina

The Ferrill's said...

You got yourself a bunch of little artists there!
And about the backpack below: I feel like K & Q must wonder who in the world "everybody" is, because I say that so much. "Mine?" "No, it's EVERYBODY'S!"
Laine

Hanna said...

Hey Nico, dies ist ein Supertrick! Auf diese Idee wäre ich nicht gekommen... Rico wird sich freuen!
Liebi Grüess