Sunday, December 9, 2007

Nothing is stopping her...

I just wanted to update everyone on Nina's leg. On Thursday, we had our three week appointment, and after I talked the nurse out of cutting off Nina's cast (or I should say, she went and checked with the Doc, because it just didn't sound right to me...), they did XRays through her cast, and it looks like it is healing nicely. The doctor showed me where new bone was starting to form, which is amazing to see how our bodies work so perfectly and try so hard to make things right again. Yeah right, we started as a primitive little creature millions of years ago. Seriously, how can anyone believe that????
But that's totally off topic here...
We have another three weeks of "purple leg", which confirmed that Nina will have a purple Christmas after all. In a way I'm glad, because I don't think she will walk right away, at least not very well, and this way she can have a comfortable Christmas. We talk quite a bit about her leg getting better and her being able to walk again, but her reaction is always like this: "I don't want to walk again". I'm not sure where that comes from, and the funny thing is, I don't really remember her walking either. I know that sounds totally weird, but I have gotten so used to her crawling and scooting and being carried, it seems like it has always been this way.
The cast is definitely NOT stopping her though, as you can see from the little video below ;-))).

6 comments:

Sonya said...

WOW! She CAN go!

Anonymous said...

She is such a brave little girl!
Amazing that she can even do sports with the cast! ;o)


Love,
Yvonne

The Ferrill's said...

Love that determination! I agree with you about how incredible it is that God made our bodies so awesome...when I think about bone grafting and all...it is only by the hands of our Creator that we could be made this way!

Hanna said...

De Film isch also absolut de Hammer! Sie isch eifach sone cooli chlini Frau!
liebi GrĂ¼ess
Hanna & gang

Linda said...

Cute video. Nothing seems to stop little kids for very long, which is a real blessing. I have to ask about your Advent Christmas trees - do you buy 25 gifts X five kids, or how does this work? I have been looking at the beautiful little trees, but thinking that I could never manage them if that is the case. Tell us a little more about the tradition.

Musings from Kim K. said...

Goodness. She's certainly alittle dare devil with that cast. Emma loved watching that video over and over again.

Kim K.