Saturday, October 11, 2008

What's wrong with this picture???

I have an urgent Birthday post, but I could not resist to show you THESE pictures first.

Consider this my yearly WHINE post. I might as well get it out of my system.
IT'S SNOWING IN WYOMING!!!!!!!
Really, after 14 years in this area, I should know.
And every year it amazes me like it is the first time I witness a full blown snow storm in October.
I was ouf of town for a conference to keep up my certification in sleep medicine (I seriously did have a "career" before being a full-time Mom - interesting, huh!), but I cut it short because of the mentioned birthday and another soccer tournament (that got cancelled due to the weather), and I made it home before it got bad!

The kids are outside sledding, THEY are so excited!!!



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Puh, what a nice surprise! I'm very glad that it hasn't snowed yet in Niederbottigen! We had 20°C today, but I think this can change very fast...But I hope it will not snow the next few days!
Dani

Musings from Kim K. said...

Ok. I'm never going to complain again about West Michigan winters. We had 120 inches of snow last season, but it didn't start in OCTOBER! Geeze. Have fun in your winter wonderland.

Sherri said...

I'd just be happy with the leaves changing colors here in Alabama. It's still in the 80's here!

And we'd LOVE to get snow. We haven't had a real snow since the year I finally broke down and bought sleds. It hasn't snowed since. And those kids are now in college. At least I have some new ones to take sledding if it ever snows again!

The pictures are lovely, as usual.

sherri

Amy said...

I would be whining too, big time. I am so not ready for snow yet! I have seen October and May snow in Maine before.
: ) Amy

Buffi Young said...

OH MY!!! How weird to look at that snow while we're sitting here at this beautiful...warm beach!! I don't think I'd like the early winters either!!! Hope you guys enjoy the sledding though!!!!

Tami said...

I'm definitely not ready for that white stuff yet! I'm sure the kids were thrilled, though:-).

The Fogle Family said...

Oh my! I am not ready for fall yet and your dealing with snow:)

Love,
Melissa

Linda said...

I'm glad you got it first! Of course, your winters are a lot worse than mine, but the forecasters were threatening us with snow this past weekend too. We settled for rain and were quite pleased.

Okay, don't keep us in suspense. Who is the birthday boy? girl? Be sure to let us see the cake - you are really amazing!

Karen said...

I want some snow! Just for a few days.. the kids would have so much fun playing in it and so would I :-)
Love the pictures!