Friday, October 31, 2008

Boo-rrrrreakfast time!!!

Seriously, the kids DREAD breakfast on Halloween morning.

It's one of those love-hate relationships: They LOVE the anticipation and the looks of it, but HATE to actually having to eat it :-)
Nico's comment this morning was "I hope they have cereal for breakfast at school" (our school has a free breakfast program), thinking that it would be a more edible solution for his early morning hunger pains.

I have to say though, Elia and Nina were troopers, and gobbled it down (I think Nina was motivated by the prospects of CANDY, which she knows she won't get if she doesn't eat her meal!!)


On the menu: Orange bread, worms, and 100year old eggs with bloody maggots, as well as Blood-'n-bile with eyeball icecubes to drink (oh, and just a LITTLE infested with worms and spiders, too!)
Last night we decorated this Gingerbread haunted house. I bought it because there were NO pumpkins to be found all over town!! We did end up carving some anyway, but this is a cool story for later today :-))


6 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I totally approve! This is fabulous. I'm so proud of your food creativity. Cheers!!

Hanna said...

Es gseht soooooo grusig us! Wäää! Ich würd NIE im Läbe so öppis ässe.
Gratuliere zur Kreativität -
liebi Grüess

Anonymous said...

Hey Babs
Thank you for this plenty of posts about hallowen and the looking-back. Nina has really grown and I like her smile, she looks really happy! And Hanna I agree with you, I`d never eat this breakfest and Nico I can understand your reaction very well =)
Have a wonderful time!

Nadi

Ps. I have to add, that we had our first snow on the 29 and it became very cold here in Niederbottigen. =)

Anonymous said...

nei aber würklich, die spinnele ufem ässe! da tschuderets mi wahrhaft.......brrrrr.
NICE!!!
kuss
dina

ps: ha würklich hüenerhuut...
pps: dr winter isch schrecklich, isch inebroche i die goldige herbsttäg und leistet unterchüeligsarbeit a mine füess.

Tami said...

Oh my.....you guys go all out!!! You are such a fun mom;-).

Anonymous said...

Wow again you have been so creative!!
It's amazing the ideas you come up with! Great pics!


Yvonne