Thursday, July 17, 2008

Out of the mouth of babes...

They crack me up!

Today is a nice and warm, and very pleasant morning. Perfect for a little bit of gardening before breakfast.
While I'm digging up an unwanted groundcover I had planted last year (and didn't like, obviously), Alex and Elia are sitting on the rocks, talking to me.
With all the elections going on, this is a topic we cover frequently, as their Grandpa is running for a seat in a County government position.
So here we are, digging in the dirt, when the discussion goes like this:
Alex: "Mama, who do you think is going to win?" (the election, that is)
Elia: "Grandpa, of course"
Then they are silent for a few moments.
Alex: "But I don't think Grandpa can run very fast..."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg can it get any funnier lol.
have a great day bianca

Linda said...

Stories like this are so cute. I wish I had written more of them down when my boys were little.

The Ferrill's said...

Precious! Don't ya just love those kid conversations?

The Ferrill's said...

P.S. I LOVE that song by Big Daddy Weave...it is AWESOME!

Buffi Young said...

Kids are SO FUNNY!!!! I LOVE IT!!!