Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What a way to wake up!

Daughters.
So precious and sweet.
When I woke up, I found a pretty purple, flowery piece of paper on my nightstand.
Anya had written another poem.
It had come to her on the way home from the mailbox this morning, while I was still pretending to be asleep.

The sunrise today
Was so pretty and gay
With a pale blue
And some orange in there, too
The clouds here and there
were spreading everywhere
Oh! The sunrise today
was so pretty and gay!

I finally clambered out of bed, realizing that I could no longer be oblivious to the fact that children needed to be dressed, fed, and sent off to school.

Here comes Nina, hair sticking up in funny directions, frustrated with trying to get her clothes on, but with a little package under one arm, Baby whale under the other.
"Mama, here is a present for you!"

She had wrapped up her little blankie for me, and although her little eyes sparkled while I unwrapped it, she made sure I remembered it was actually hers :-)

It is a good morning.
I'm so blessed.
And sometimes it's so easy to forget that.
Or maybe that's just me.

Maybe I need to get up earlier again (like I used to and loved it!), so the sunrise will inspire me too!

Thank you, girls! I love you!

7 comments:

Hanna said...

Love you Anya! Good job - bravo!
Would like to see you this year -
Gotti Hanna

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet is that?
What a beautiful poem, well done Anya!

Love,
Yvonne

Tami said...

Kids have a special way of reminding us to notice and enjoy the beauty in the little things. Great job Anya!

~Tami

Buffi Young said...

what a beautiful post! How I need to see the beauty in such small things too!!! thanks for the inspiration!! Your family is a HUGE blessing!!
Love ya,
Buffi

Musings from Kim K. said...

What a sweet post. It was just the pick-me-up I needed to read today.

Love,
Kim

Sonya said...

That is VERY SWEET! Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

After having boys only for so many years, this is a new phase to me. The boys would sometimes do sweet things, but nothing like the girls - they are real nurturers. If Bob ever mentions that he has a splinter or a little scrape on his skin, the girls instantly need to see it and tell him how sorry they are and would he like a bandaid, etc. It's so funny (and sweet)!