Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Oh, the SLANG....

I'm not sure if this is funny or embarrassing....

Nina has acquired quite an array of slang words, some acceptable, and some.... well... let's call them borderline :-))

A few days ago, she pranced around the bathroom, doing a lot of hippety-hop because she waits so long to go that it often time ends up being a major crisis. Well, she had to change her undies after this particular time, and I talked to her about not waiting so long and bla bla.... She looked at me and said: "It's okay, Mama, just relax!"

That's one of the acceptable and funny ones...

She has been experimenting quite a bit with the word 'stupid', but is getting better at chosing a different one :-) But hey, we can make sure Mama knows when anybody ELSE is using it!!

Just now she is busy playing with Play-doh, and after much grunting she got her favorite purple Playdoh out of the can. She started kneading it, then muttered: "This is hard - son of a gun!"

Oh, the advantages of having older siblings......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...this made me smile because I am going through the same thing with the little one at the moment and she is not even 3 yet! Hahaha...
You are right, it can be very funny...but not all the time. ;o)


Love,
Yvonne

Musings from Kim K. said...

Maybe it's a good thing that Josie still has such a limited English vocabulary. That's too funny.

Love,
Kim K.

Sherri said...

Believe me, I know that for sure! Olivia repeats EVERYTHING she hears from the teenagers. She sings her versions of the music they listen to you, never getting the words right.

Last night she said something about picking up her "crap" off the floor. (that one falls solely on MY shoulders, however. I'm always telling them to pick up their crap and it drives Phil crazy) I guess now that I heard her say it, I'll stop.

Sherri

The Ferrill's said...

Oh how funny, Barb!
Yes, our little ones are SO good at making sure we know when someone ELSE is saying what they shouldn't, aren't they? ;)
I love the 'it's okay, mama, just relax!'
Oh, please see my boys' comments on the lego post below....

Linda said...

These are funnny! I'm glad you've written them down because you forget SO quickly. I agree with Sherri that some of the funnier things the girls have done are to sing sound alike lyrics to songs. Ruthie & Abby kept asking to sing the "rice song" like we do at church. It took quite a while to figure out that they meant "arise." The words are "Arise, arise, arise, arise, Arise, take your place; be enthroned on our praise..." Both girls still sing RICE at the top of their voices!

I loved the lego pictures. Nico is very good!

Buffi Young said...

This is SO funny!!! :) They can sure say the funniest things sometimes...cant they? Sadie has started showing VERY BOSSY gestures. Sure makes me feel terrible...cause I KNOW she gets it from me!! They sure are great mirrors, huh? Hope yall have a great week.
Love ya,
Buffi