Tuesday, April 8, 2008

This and That

This is quite a mix and match type of post.
Mike is gone all week, and he took our camera with him. Anya has a nice little camera, too, so I used hers tonight during soccer, and I decided to download all her pictures after we got home.
I found some that I would like to share....

The first one is a cute one of my best friend Andrea's little girl Ella and Miss Nina. I went back to our "old home town" in South Dakota a couple of months ago, and it was nice to introduce Nina to them! Andrea was always so excited and supportive of our adoption plans, and I love her dearly (not just for that reason, of course).
We drove by our old house and visited our old neighbors, who pretty much adopted us while we lived across the street from each other. They are an older couple whom we had so much fun with!
Just as a comparison..... this was in front of the same house in 1999 - Nico was 2, and Anya about 5 months old. And me... almost 10 years younger *LOL*
Then I found a picture of the lunar eclipse on Nina's birthday. Anya must have taken it, and I am so glad she did!
Then here is a picture of tonight's soccer game. It was a late game, and it got really cold after the sun went down. It actually SNOWED earlier this afternoon, but then it had all melted by the time soccer came around. Let me tell you, the weather has been so weird, and I'm so tired of it *Boohoo*
Nico is doing a great job this spring, and he really enjoys soccer. That's him on the left with the black hat!
Nina had a good time tonight. Her and her Mama had quite a disciplinary disagreement last night, and I think she is still mad at me. She decided that she was not going to love me anymore, just because she doesn't want to. Sigh.... I know she will come around again, and she really is not even pushing me away, but to hear those words still stings. I keep reassuring her that I love her anyway, and that Love will grow (that's why I like the poem in the sidebar so much).
So tonight at the game she was partying it up with Grandma, and I think that was really good for her. I pulled her hat down too low at one point, and she thought that it was just the funniest thing ever. She giggled and giggled about it, it was very cute!
Oh, and while I'm catching up on stuff, I'm sure you also want to know that our second Triop died too, a few days after the first one. Poor thing died of "molting complications" - basically he was unable to shed his skin properly. 
And while we have one "pet" less, we are pretty sure that we have a bunch of new ones arriving in about one month. Little  Miss kitty Midnight looks quite pregnant, and the kids are super excited about the prospect of having a litter of kittens soon. It should be around Anya's birthday at the beginning of May - yay! 

7 comments:

Hanna said...

Please send one little kitty to switzerland - Kaya would really love it! Who did that picture in front of your old house???? I remember....
Aber beim ehemaligen Haus fehlt die Swiss-Flag. Liebe GrĂ¼sse
Hanna

Sherri said...

I want a kitten!

Olivia and Mia are BEGGING for a kitten. The thing is, I'm deathly allergic to cats, and it would have to be an outside cat.....our last 2 disappeared. :(

I love your pictures!

Sherri

Musings from Kim K. said...

Great pictures. I especially love seeing your older pictures too. I'm right with you on being tired of the winter weather. We had 1 day of spring (last Sunday) and we took full advantage of it. It's now in the 40s and snow is arriving again this weekend...big sigh.

Best wishes without Mike this week. That's got to be tough.

Love,
Kim K.

Buffi Young said...

What awesome pics!!! You don't look any older...10 years down the road!! The only difference is your hair...and I LOVE you with the short hair!!! How neat to look back!!

Sadie has been going through a similar stage with "not wanting me" lately. It hurts my feelings too. I struggle with not letting her know. She tells me she doesn't want ME...she wants DADDY. It's almost like she does it in spite of me. It's a little aggrivating...but I have to work with it. It SURE seems like Nina and Sadie go through a lot of the same things!!! I'm sure we'll get through this stage too!! :) She is just TOO adorable!! What a beautiful smile!!

Have a great week. It's SO good to see all your pics.
Love ya,
Buffi

Linda said...

I really enjoyed this "odds and ends" post. Lots of little tidbits with great pictures. Tell Anya she did a good job! I fell in love with the picture of your previous house. Is it old? With all the mature trees, it has such an inviting appearance to it. (I also think the front of your new house is pretty too. - This one just grabbed me!)

The Ferrill's said...

Oh great post, as usual Barb! Lots of nuggets!
If you move to the south I can just about promise you will have no snow in April!
I think our children go through stages...biological AND adopted! When my oldest was 3, she told me to go to work b/c she wanted her daddy to stay home with her! STINKER!
Congrats on the new baby kittens...we did a litter of 7 puppies and still have one of them!
New birth is so much fun. Until you have to clean up the poop. I hate that part!

Anonymous said...

Great comments from everyone. It is nice to know I am not alone having a little girl who prefers Daddy over Mommy. Things have improved in this department for us but a couple of months ago if I took Susu out somewhere and Daddy was there, if we had to use a public restroom, Susu would act like I was kidnapping her from Daddy (putting on a real teary show with pitiful wails for Baba). This was not much fun at all and I am very thankful it has changed.

I agree with Buffi, Barb, that you do not look a day older!
: ) Amy