Friday, March 14, 2008

Another tag....

I have been tagged again - this time by Julie. We met Julie and Chad last summer in China when we adopted our daughters. Both of our daughters are Hunan girls, and Julie was such a lifesaver to us, as she had the antibiotics we so urgently needed for Nina. Plus - isn't Rowan ADORABLE???
Anyway, this time I just have to tell you 7 random (so, nothing weird this time *Ha*) things about me..... no old boyfriend stories this time either, sorry :-))

  1. I'm actually a nurse, but shame on me - I never had my RN license transferred to a valid US license after we moved. I regret that now. It's so much harder to find a nursing job on the black market! JUST KIDDING!!! Well, the first part was true :-))
  2. I was accused of stealing when I was maybe 10 or so. To this day, I don't particularly enjoy window shopping, as I always have this feeling that someone may think I'm stealing if I don't buy something! Time to get over it, right???
  3. My feet stopped growing when I was about 13. I think I stopped all together shortly thereafter *LOL*
  4. I LOVE Swiss Candy and Chocolate! Don't even get me started on Hershey Bars. Sorry!
  5. I'm a procrastinator.
  6. My favorite breakfast? Hot Chocolate milk (reg. milk with Nestle Quick) - really hot, with chunks of bread (homemade, preferably) soaked in it. Looooooooove it! One of my favorite comfort foods!
  7. I'm a tree hugger :-)). I'm all for recycling, conserving and so on (and have the Birkenstocks to prove it!)) I really miss public transportation!

There you have it. Just what you always wanted to know about me, right???

I'm adding an "old" picture just for fun - this was during the summer of 2003, when we visited my family in Switzerland. These are our (then 4) kids, and my sister's 4 kids, all outfitted in Old Navy T-Shirts! From left to right: Alex, Anya, Nico holding Baby Elia, Moritz holding Baby Joel, Rico and Kaya. And yes, you're right, they are almost the same ages - Hanna and I were actually pregnant at the same time with three of our kids :-) Talk about a sisterly bond!

Here are the people I'm tagging:

3 comments:

Hanna said...

Hallihallo
And the story of our youngest boys is funny too: Barb called me an said: "hey, I'm pregnant" - and I was giggeling. Three weeks later I called her: "another surprise in our family - I'm pregnant too....."
Hope the little boys will meet each other this year!
Love you all!
Hanna

Mike and Barb said...

I have to intervene here.... do you want to know the REAL story?? Well, Elia was a bit of a surprise baby - planned, but not right at that time *ha*. Needless to say, my dear sister could not understand how I could get pregnant so unplanned. You know, that sisterly "Don't you know better" attitude ;-))Well, as she mentioned, one month later she called ME with the news of HER surprise baby on the way! Yep, that's when it was MY turn to grin wickedly....
There, that's the whole story....
I love my sister!

Anonymous said...

Hey Barb
Oh these are again very interesting things. =)
I think I remember the place of this picture... is it in Jonen, isn`t it? It was kind of a party to visit you and your family, wasn`t it? I wish you a very nice spring-day and don`t forget to enjoy the sun =)
Greetings from the sunniest place of the world =)
Nadi