Thursday, June 14, 2007

TRAVEL APPROVAL!!

WE HAVE IT!
But let me back up just a little...
I have been on pins and needles all week long, since the first TA's had been reported on Monday. Then rumors said that more TA's were on the way. Last night I dreamt about getting the call from our agency at 6am to tell us TA was here.
Needless to say, my cell phone did not leave my side today. I dropped the little boys off at Gymnastics, took Nico and Anya to Vacation Bible school, went back to Gymnastics and then my friend Sonja and I went to the park with the kids until it was time to pick up the older ones from VBS again. We had a water fight at the park, and Elia learned how to "pump" on the swing. Both him and Alex learned that now within days from each other.
But, the phone was silent.
I was wondering....
I knew that there was no guarantee we would get our TA this week, but I was hoping with everything I had!!! And I prayed.
No phone call.
It was about 12:30 when we left the church, 6 wound up kids in the back....
And I felt sorry for myself.
The pity party was about to start, invitations were sent out.
I thought to myself: This is the first time I'm REALLY disappointed during this adoption journey...
And I asked God: "Obviously, there is a reason for this delay - what do I need to learn yet, before we can get Nina?"
Immediately I felt this impression on my heart: "Are you willing to love her unconditionally?"
I had been thinking about that a lot lately, and I have asked God repeatedly to show me what unconditional love really was. And everytime he seemed to say the same thing: " I have already showed you - I gave my LIFE for YOU".
And today, I was given the opportunity to make that commitment again, to be willing to love her unconditionally.

About 1/2 hour later, we were home. And guess what.... there was a message from CCAI that they had good news for us, and that they wanted us to call them as soon as possible. Well, you guessed right - our travel approval was here.

Obviously, the Lord wanted to have this little chat with me before the good news came.
I'm thankful for that. We don't know what's in store for us, we don't know how Nina will change our lives.
But I know that we are in his will, and that he is faithful, because he has loved us first.
This is the best reason to celebrate!!

And yes, we are so excited about this last step. We should hear from the agency again on monday, to get our Consulate appointment confirmed, but it looks like we will be leaving in about 2 weeks.

Uebersetzung: http://chinagirlswitzerland.blogspot.com/2007/06/ta.html

2 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

Barb this is wonderful news! Praise God! Thank you so much for sharing your conversation with God, that was inspiring and so sweet!
I am SO excited for you! I can't wait to follow your journey. Will you continue to use blogger while in China?
Blessings, and enjoy your happy day with TA!
Laine

Buffi Young said...

Barb, I am SO excited for you guys. This journey is just an amazing way for God to speak to us, isn't it? We are really looking forward to following your journey and can't wait for your next post. We'll keep you in our prayers. Hopefully we'll be following behind you SOON!!!
Love,
Buffi