Friday, February 9, 2007

The story of my dolls


Growing up, I had two very special dolls - Selina (tall, blond doll in the picture), and Juergli (blond baby). They are called Sasha Dolls, after their designer, Sasha Morgenthaler, who was Swiss. My sister and I played with our dolls a lot - dressing them up, doing their hair and having fashion shows. They quit making these dolls after a fire destroyed the factory, or the mold, or both. In the 90's they started making Sasha Dolls again, but their faces were not as soft and delicate as the original dolls, but they were still Sasha dolls. The day I found out that we were expecting a girl, I went and bought her her first doll, a Sasha doll baby (with the red/white striped top). Sadly enough,this second series of Sasha dolls was discontinued again after a few years. Almost 2 years ago, I found an asian baby from that second series on Ebay. I wanted her badly, but somehow it didn't work out. I was able to find her from a different source, and bought her. To me, she represented the desire to someday adopt from China. And even if I never did, she would still be special to me. If we ever did adopt, this doll would be our daughter's. Now I can't wait until her doll-Mama comes home!



No comments: