Thursday, February 22, 2007

Love without Boundaries

I have been wanting to write about this organization for a while now, especially since we are personally affected by it - in a very special way.
The direct Link to the LWB website is in the list to the left, but this is what they are all about:
Love Without Boundaries is a worldwide group of volunteers who have realized that people with a pure love for helping children can truly make a difference. We all donate our time and resources in an attempt to brighten the lives of orphaned children in China. .
LWB has medical programs for China's orphans (surgeries for Special needs children), nutrition programs for orphanages, and foster programs in several chinese cities.

Here is a Link to a LWB video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ipa-X9p31Ag

I always thought that I would love to be able to adopt a child who had received support from an organization like Love without Boundaries, but to be honest, I never even prayed for it. I just assumed (Strike 1) that this was next to impossible (Strike 2), so why bother....
The Lord however, in his neverending love for his children, planned a special surprise for us: Soon after BoBo's referral, I found a Yahoo group of parents who adopted from the same City as BoBo is from. It was there I found out that LWB has a Foster program in that same city. I already knew that BoBo was in Foster care, so I contacted Julie, who is coordinating that foster program, just to see if she knew BoBo.

I received a reply within just a couple of hours. Here is what Julie said:
I am beyond, waaay beyond excited that Bo is finally getting a Mom!! Yippeee. I love Bo Bo and yes she is sponsored! Did I say I was pleased!!! great news. I have tears in my eyes! She has the cutest grin!. I unfortunately cannot share any of her reports until after she is home with you but know I am very happy to do so then!

I was overwhelmed with gratefulness - not only to the people of LWB, but mostly to the Lord, who has truly given me the desire of my heart.

Deutsch:http://chinagirlswitzerland.blogspot.com/2007/02/lwb.html

No comments: